The blogging task includes:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
- I am a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
- I love to surf!
- I taught my niece last year – Y10 PE & Health!
- I have a cool scar on my leg from surfing.
- I am not a big fan of rugby or netball or cricket (although I played cricket for years when I was younger).
- I have a degree in Commerce as well as PE.
- I will be doing a crash course in Python this year, as I have to teach it!
- I am really keen to learn a lot more computer science.
- I am a third kyu in Seido Karate.
- I think I have a Raspberry Pi waiting for me at school (fingers crossed!).
- I love being in shorts and sandals!
- What Inspires you?
Colleagues and the kindness / generosity of others. Colleagues from near and far.
- What are you reading now?
- If you weren’t a teacher, what would you do?
At this moment in time I think I would like to be working as a developer in a local company (dreams are free!) Others times – photographer, surfer.
- If you could change something about the education system, what would it be?
I would like to change the assessment structure in secondary schools.
- When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
I can’t remember, so ages ago – although because of the nagging of my wife I send birthday cards.
- Android or iPad tablets? Why?
Have always been a Mac person. Love how they look and work. Saying that though, have not used an Andriod tablet.
- What do you find hardest to teach your students?
To see things from different perspectives.
- What will you be doing differently this year?
I am aiming to not use a paper workbook in junior health. I want to have all content up online.
- If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be and why did you choose this language?
Spanish – want to go back to Spain and be able to communicate. Also my sister-in-law is Cuban, not the same but similar.
- What is your favourite way to waste time?
Watching crap TV!
- What is your life motto?
Not to worry about what other people think of you, be who you are and be strong with who you are.
Here are your 11 questions:
- What was the best thing about 2013?
- What is your favourite sport or physical pastime?
- Who do you look up to within education?
- What is the best moment you have had as an educator?
- WordPress or Blogger? Or something else?
- How much time do you think you are ‘connected’ every week?
- How do you spend your lunchtimes during term time?
- How do you ‘chill out’?
- What would be your most favourite holiday?
- What would you be doing if not teaching?
- Would you rather be hot or cold?